Six Sigma Process
Six Sigma is a method that follows a strategy of business management which is used to improve product and service quality through the removal of defects and errors. In BPO Bangladesh the leaders of our organization follows every steps of Six Sigma process which ensure robust operational processes and management systems that are fundamental to achieve success. Our Six Sigma methodology gives clients full transparency and involvement from beginning to end. It helps to improve quality and processes, along with increased customer satisfaction and reducing extra costs.
Six Sigma methodology follow a simple process for solving problem. It comprises 5 phases: Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, & Control. This process is also known as DMAIC , a five-step method for improving existing process problems with unknown causes.
Phase 1 Define :
Define the problem. The Define phase is the first phase of Six Sigma improvement process. Through this phase the project team creates a Project Charter, an updated level map of the process and begins to understand the need of the customers of the process. This is one of the critical phase in which team outlines the project focus for themselves and the leadership of the organization.
- Define the Problem by Developing a “Problem Statement”
- Define the Goal by Developing a “Goal Statement”
- Define the Process by Developing Process Maps
- Define the Customer and Their Requirements
- Inform Others of Project Progress
Phase 2 Measure:
Quantify the problem. Quantification of the project is necessary to check the performance of the project. As the team starts collecting data they focus on both the process as well as what customers need. Initially they focus on reducing lead time or improving quality. In the measurement phase the team refines the measurement definitions and determines the current performance or baseline of the project.
- Determine How the Process Currently Performs
- Create a Plan to Collect the Data
- Ensure the Data is Reliable
- Gather the Baseline Data
- Update the Project Charter
Phase 3 Analyze:
Analyze the problem.The analyze phase is to identify problem and to work accordingly to improve solutions so that time and resources can be saved. Analysis is another way of verification which include both process analysis and data analysis and to be completed before implementing solutions.
- Closely Examine the Process
- Graphically Display the Data
- Look for What Might be Causing the Problem
- Verify the Cause(s) of the Problem
- Update the Project Charter
Phase 4 Improve:
Improve the solution. The Improve phase where the team determines the root causes to develop solutions, brainstorms solutions, process changes, and implements solutions and collects data to confirm measurable improvement.
- Brainstorm Solutions That Might Fix the Problem
- Select the Practical Solutions
- Develop Maps of Processes Based on Different Solutions
- Select the Best Solution(s)
- Implement the Solution(s)
- Measure to Ensure Improvement
Phase 5 Control:
Control and maintain the solution. As the process problem is fixed and improvements are in place, so the team must focus on creating a monitoring plan to continue measuring success of updated process and developing a response plan.
- Ensure the Process Is Properly Managed and Monitored
- Document the Improved Process
- Apply Improvements to Other Areas
- Share and Celebrate Your Success
- Continuously Improve the Process Using Lean Principles