1. Decide whether your employees should be paid on a salary or hourly basis.
2. Decide how frequently you’ll pay your workers.
3. Sort your employees into groups.
4. Select the most appropriate software for your company’s requirements.
5. Reduce the number of steps in your payroll process to save time and money.
6. Keep a detailed record of everything.
7. Make state and federal taxes more automated.
8. Take pay rises and benefits into account.
9. Determine whether or not you require employer identification numbers.
10. Make a financial plan.